We’re coming up on party season! Office parties, holiday parties, ugly sweater parties… any excuse for a cocktail, right? How about using our party time of year, to make your direct sales parties even more fun! Consider these great seasonal theme parties. You would setup your party the same way, and would still have products to show and display. The benefit of a theme party is to add a little something extra, to entice guests to attend and participate.
- Force for Good Party
- The consultant and Hostess decide on an organization the party will support. And when a guest brings a required item (new toy, new mittens, canned goods, for example) to the party, the consultant donates a percentage of that guest’s order to the charity of choice.
- Product “Bark”
- Humane societies are always in demand of donations this time of year. Hold a “Product Bark” and when a guest brings a required item from the humane society’s wish list, the guest can either choose a product at a discounted price, or the consultant may choose to donate a percentage of that guest’s purchase to the organization.
- Wine and Cheese Happy Hour
- All guests who make a purchase get a small product at discounted price.
- Ugly Sweater Party
- Any guests who wears their ugliest sweater, gets a free or discounted product, with minimum purchase.
- Sunday Brunch
- Come to an after-church party, and get a discounted product, with minimum purchase.
- Beach Dreaming
- It’s cooooooold outside this time of year, and I’m sure we all wished we were somewhere warm! Hold a Beach Dreaming party, and any guest who wears a beach-themed accessory can gets a discounted product, with minimum purchase.
- Cake and Coffee
- Really, is there ever a bad time to have cake? Serve cupcakes at your party, and every guest can get a discounted product, with minimum purchase.
These are just a sample of ideas. If you are a consultant, work with your hostess in advance and choose a theme that you can both have fun with, and she feels will best serve her guests. Serve light snacks and beverages that complement the theme. Encourage guests to really get into the theme, by participating and bringing or wearing the themed item. Make it social!
These theme parties could also be easily modified for a virtual party as well. Guests would have to attend the online event, and participate by posting pictures of themselves in the required items, or posting images found online to add to the fun.
Are you thinking about joining direct sales? I’d love to chat with you about your goals, and how I can help you get a strong start with our many training resources and social media training! Contact me today!