One of the major upsells to direct sales, is that it is flexible and allows consultants to be at home, work around their kids’ schedules, and generally make it fit with their Mom lifestyle. But as your business takes off (which of course it will, because hey – you work hard, rock social media, and you’re awesome), you may need to find a way to incorporate your kids into your work routine. There ARE things the kids can do! Depending on their ages, here are some suggestions of things the kids can do to help you with your business. Make multi-tasking work for you!
- Sort products or inventory into piles
- Organize stacks of paper, catalogs, marketing materials
- Pose for your social media original content, holding/using/modeling your products
- Unpack boxes received from UPS or FedEx
- Sort and enter inventory values on paper, or into spreadsheet, IPad or inventory system
- Put labels on catalog or marketing materials
- Help with packaging up sales into customer-ready delivery bags
- Help with loading/unloading vehicles for shows, parties, or events
- Assist with display setup and takedown
- Assist with customer service activities during shows, parties, or events
- Assist with social media activities
- Assist with financial activities such as making customer change or taking payment
These are obviously only guidelines. But involving your kids in business activities can help teach life skills in understanding business, customer service, financial management, leadership, or communication – not to mention help you complete tasks and activities you’d have to do anyway. What other tasks would you add to the list?