Summer is traditionally a slow period in direct sales. So let’s brainstorm some tips to get your calendar booked for the summer months.
- Call past hostesses and customers, and invite them to view the new product supplements, and host an in-home party, catalog party, or a takeout party.
- If you’ve participated in events in the last couple months, use this opportunity to follow-up with those lead slips, and book them into June, July, and August.
- Get creative with theme parties. Offer a “Summer Splash” party theme, where the hostess offers ice cream sundaes as her snack. Brainstorm with potential hostesses, and get creative! (Check with your companied policies and procedures to see what promotions are allowed.)
- Get creative with party venues. Instead of a traditional hostess’s home, how about a party at a local park or pool? The kids can play while the Moms shop!
- Look for local vendor events. Depending on where you live, this is the time of year for outdoor craft fairs, boutiques, and farmer’s markets.
- Think about your goals for the year. If you want to promote on the Career Plan this year, the contacts you make now will benefit you and your team 60-90 days from now!
- Or, if you do find yourself with fewer bookings that you’d like, use the time to invest in your own education, study materials in Back Office, or join me for social media training.
Don’t let summer vacation mean vacation from your business!