Origami Owl® Designer Requirements – What Are They?
July 21, 2013
As with all direct sales companies, there are usually requirements in order to be considered “active.” Origami Owl® is no different. There are two ways that you are considered active with Origami Owl®. Both are straightforward, easy to understand, and highly achievable.
Active as a Designer, recognized by Origami Owl®:
- In order for a Designer (or Designer team) to be considered active in the company and maintain Back Office access, they must submit $199 in Personal Volume (wholesale) every 6 months.
- Personal Volume (PV) is the product that you purchase from Origami Owl® at wholesale, and resell at retail. $199 in PV equals approximately $260-280 in retail sales.
- The commission rate on Origami Owl® products vary (30-50%), so PV will vary depending on what products are ordered at wholesale.
- The average Origami Owl® retail sale is approximately $60. That means that to maintain an active Designer status, you need to have approximately 4-5 retail sales over the six-month period.
- This is very easily achievable, even if you choose not to do regular Jewelry Bars, only sell to friends and family, or only use your Origami Owl® discount to purchase gifts!
- The $199 PV broken down over six months comes to about $35 in PV per month. If you are taking a break from your business, purchasing a few items to add to your inventory will help maintain your active status and keep you on track for your $199 active Designer PV target.
Active as a Designer in a Qualifying Month, for Purpose of Your Upline’s Retail Bonus Override (aka, downline commission)
- Your direct mentor earns downline commission on the PV of their total team (called CTV – central team volume).
- In order for a leader to earn downline commission at their rank level (Team Leader, Senior Team Leader, etc.), they must have a certain number of “active” Designers on their front line, corresponding to the requirement for that level. See the Career Matrix for the specific active designer requirements per level.
- In order for a Designer to be considered active for their mentor, that first line Designer must have $99 in PV in the qualifying month.
- Ann is a Team Leader, and has 6 first line Designers.
- Ann is eligible to earn 10% commission on her front line team’s PV.
- In the month of May, 2 of Ann’s Designers placed orders over $99 in PV.
- While Ann retains her Team Leader rank, she is only paid as a Leading Designer, as she did not have 3 personally sponsored active Designers in the month of May.
- Mary is an Executive Team Leader, and has 10 first line Designers on her team.
- Mary is eligible to earn 12% commission on her front line team’s PV.
- In the month of May, 7 of Mary’s Designers placed orders over $99 in PV.
- Mary is paid commission at the Executive Team Leader level, because she met the requirement of 5 personally sponsored active designers.
How do you maintain PV?
- The single best way to maintain your personal volume, is to schedule and hold Jewelry Bars. An average of one Jewelry Bar per month will keep your PV on track, as well as a nice commission in your pocket.
- Events – search out local events where you can setup your Origami Owl® display. This could include local fairs, or church or school events.
- Social media – leverage Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets. Origami Owl® is still so new, that many people are finding the brand online, and may place orders directly on your replicated website.
Join us in TEAM Charmed Suite, and get detailed ongoing training on this and all topics related to your business success. Contact Me today!