So you’re a brand new consultant? Congrats!
Your launch is an exciting time, and is when you will officially introduce your business to your friends and family. The goal of your launch isn’t necessarily sales, it’s generating interest, leads, and future bookings. So don’t worry if you don’t sell a lot! This would actually be prohibitive to those people booking a future party with you. Your launch is all about preparation!
Planning your Launch:
- Many people use a 3-2-2 format.
- Clean your house once, setup your display once.
- Hold 3 parties, over 2 days, 2 hours each.
- For example – Friday 5-7pm, Saturday 11-1pm and 6-8pm.
- This allows you to catch a variety of times that people might be available, and overcome schedule objections.
- It is also a “safe” way to introduce the product, on your very own turf.
Planning Your Invitations:
- Invite everyone you know, using the FRANK method:
- Associates (co-workers)
- Kids’ contacts
- Try to use a variety of invitation methods. Because of the personal nature of the product, you want to use personal invitations as much as possible.
- Try to avoid the “spray and pray” method of invitations, which is spray it out to everyone, and pray that someone accepts. Because we all receive so many Facebook invitations, most are ignored. Facebook should not be your primary invitation method.
- After initial invitations go out, follow-up with everyone you invited!
- A week in advance
- A day before
Suggested Wording for Your Invitations:
“Hello! As you may have heard, I have started an exciting new business venture as consultant with …! (Give a quick description of your product line.) The product has touched me, and I wanted to be a part of it.
I will be launching my business this weekend [dates], with a party in my home. It’s a great way to get hands-on and see what it’s all about. Please choose one of the following dates, and let me know if you can stop by!
- Date 1:
- Date 2:
- Date 3:
Feel free to also browse the following links, to learn more about my business!
- Shop Online: [replicated website/shop]
- LIKE my Facebook page: [insert FB link]
- FOLLOW me on Pinterest: [insert Pinterest link]
Thank you so much for supporting me and my business. I look forward to seeing you at one of my launch parties!”
Closing Your Launch Party:
- If you will be holding your launch party with only your starter kit, you will place orders online for anything customers order at your launch. Try to place orders within 24 hours.
- Stack your orders. Send the customer their tracking number once you see that the orders have shipped.
- Send each guest who attended your Launch a personal note, even if they didn’t purchase or book. They supported your business, and may be a future customer or hostess!
- Be sure to follow-up with any hostess leads within 24 hours, to get a date on the calendar.
- Relax and treat yourself to something pretty with your first commission check!
Launch parties are entirely optional. If you want to jump straight into hosted parties, that’s great! These are just a casual way to generate interest and get booking leads. If you already have them, you’re ahead of the curve.
Be sure to let your mentor when you have your launch scheduled, so she can be on standby for any questions!
Good luck! You’re going to be amazing.