She never calls me. She doesn’t do any incentives or challenges. Her team page is totally dead. She never recognizes my success. She hasn’t provided me the tools/information I need. She doesn’t train me. She hasn’t given me any leads. She hasn’t shared any events with me. She has her favorites, and I’m not one of them.
How many times have you heard this? I wasn’t successful in my business because of my upline, my mentor, my sponsor? Umm, all the time, right?
NO NO NO. No one is responsible for your success except you. YOU joined your company. YOU bought your kit. YOU have your own reasons and motivation. ONLY YOU. Stop blaming your mentor if you’re not successful. You gotta pull yourself up by your boot straps and figure it out, girl! There are many ways to be self-sufficient.
- Have you actually talked to your sponsor? Pickup the phone and call her. Take the initiative, and reach out.
- Inquire with your consultant support, and ask for upline Director contacts.
- Search out Facebook groups you can join with other consultants in your brand. Every single brand has lots of groups, with tons of support.
- Login to your back office, and figure out where the training and marketing materials are.
- Follow your brand on all their social media channels.
- Start sourcing your own vendor events.
- Search Google and Pinterest for direct sales, virtual party, sponsoring, hostess coaching, vendor events, and display ideas. There is a TON out there (and on this blog!)
- Partner up with a peer, friend or team member, and become Accountability Partners. Check in with each other, help each other out. Be each other’s cheerleader.
- See out a mentor within your brand, and ask to be adopted by a new team.
Find your internal motivation, your internal drive, and your own self-discipline. No one is going to pickup the phone and call your customers and leads for you. No one is going to force you to sit and go through training for your business. Only you can do it. Stop blaming outside forces for your lack of internal motivation. Tough love, sister. Only you can make your business a success. It’s OK to be a little frustrated that your sponsor is likely making money on you, but doesn’t seem to be engaged in your success. It’s normal to compare your upline to others, and wonder why you aren’t getting the same support. But using that as an excuse to not work? You’re only hurting yourself.
Now go do it!! #BossLadyPepTalk